Date: Friday, March 27th, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location: Springfield's Country Club
2054 Gordon Street
Guelph, Ontario N1L 1G6
What Will I Learn?
Through participation in this one-day workshop, attendees will be provided:
• An overview of the available literature on selective mutism, with information regarding its prevalence, etiology, course, comorbid conditions, prognosis, and approaches to intervention
• Highlights of the assessment process and other relevant issues/conditions (e.g., other mental health issues; speech & language issues)
• An opportunity to explore school-related issues including obstacles to academic evaluation
• An introduction to a school-based collaborative intervention that approaches selective mutism as an anxiety-based condition and places an emphasis on behavioural principles (e.g., exposure training)
• A step-by-step intervention guide detailing the steps to setting up an intervention for the child with selective mutism, and general information regarding the management of related anxiety
• An opportunity to apply workshop materials to case studies through small group exercises & large group discussions
Who Should Attend?
Mental Health Professionals (e.g., Psychologists; Social Workers)
Teachers & School Personnel
Speech & Language Pathologists
Early Childhood Educators
Other Interested Professionals
Group of 3 ($170.00 Each)
$510.00 + HST = $576.30
Group of 4 ($165.00 Each)
$660.00 + HST = $745.80
Group of 5 ($160.00 Each)
$800.00 + HST = $904.00
Selective Mutism Workshop - Group Rate
We will be sorry to miss you but if you must cancel please send an email to: Sales@AngelaMcHolm.com. We cannot accept cancellations by phone.
Cancellations before February 1, 2020
Full or Partial refund requests must be received by February 1st, 2020. Your full or partial registration request will be refunded less a 15% administration fee.
Cancellations between February 2, 2020 and March 17, 2020
Full or Partial refund requests must be received between February 2, 2020 and March 17, 2020. Your full or partial registration request will be refunded at 50%.
Cancellations after March 18, 2020
No refunds can be issued after March 18, 2020. Obligations and costs have been incurred by the Conference based upon your registration. There will be no exceptions to the cancellation and refund policy.